This Tummies 4 Mommies workout is safe and effective for women with or without Diastasis Recti. In fact, it may help to reduce abdominal separation. Find a comfortable spot where you can sit, lie down or be on all fours. Let's get started!
1. Hands and knees: Cat & Cow. Inhale as you extend your spine (cow) and look up to the ceiling. Exhale as you round your spine (cat) and look towards your navel. Repeat 10X.
2. Elbows and knees: Tummy Toner. Inhale to prepare. As you exhale, draw your navel into your spine. You are activating your transverses abdominal muscles...also called your corset or tummy-flattening muscles. Repeat 10 Xs.
3. Elbows and toes: Front Plank. Breathe as in #2. Aim for 10+ breath cycles. Abdominal Separation? Do not do #3. Repeat #2 instead.
4. Sit or lie comfortably with a long spine: Tummy Toner Inch-by-Inch. Inhale to prepare. As you exhale, draw your navel one inch towards your spine. As you exhale, draw your navel two inches towards your spine. Continue with this pattern until you reach 10 inches.
5. Hands and knees: Super Mom. In hale to prepare. As you exhale, extend opposite arm and leg. Draw navel o spine. Keep hips square. Inhale to return. Exhale as you do other side. Repeat 10X.
6. Elbows and toes: Front Plank. Breathe as in #2. Aim for 10+ breath cycles. Abdominal Separation? Do not do #6. Repeat #2 instead.
7. Elbows and Knees: Cat & Cow. Same as in #1 but focus on stretch aspect. 5X
8. Rest in a restorative position like child's pose or shavasna for 1 minute.
Finding it difficult to stay disciplined with your pelvic floor exercises on your own? Feeling like you need more instruction and cues? You're in luck...there's an app for that! Download the Fit 4 Two-approved Pelvic Floor Trainer App and enjoy both visual and audio routines at your fingertips.