You should aim to eat a snack or a meal within 90 minutes of exercise. The sooner the better.
Sometimes this is easier said than done. When class ends many moms are either scooting off with a baby needing a nap or looking for somewhere to sit down and feed baby. If this sounds familiar, consider packing a snack that you can eat it on the go or while feeding baby.
Here are some yummy ideas that pack well:
- 1/3 cup of nuts and 1/3 cup of dried fruit (prepare baggies of this mixture after your grocery shop so you can grab a bag when you head out the door in the morning)
- Apple and cheese slices
- Low or no sugar added yogurt drink and crackers
Try these meals:
- Salad Wrap: greens, pecans, grated cheddar, apple slices, 1 tbs of plain yogurt in a whole wheat wrap.
- Ensalada: Black beans, corn, avocado, baked yam clunks mixed in a dressing of 1 part lemon, 1 part olive oil and plenty of cumin and chilli powder.
- Salmon pita: mix 1 can of drained salmon, 2 tbs plain yogurt, cooked but cooled green peas, chopped green onion and 1 tsp of black pepper. Add ¼ -1/3 of mixture to pita with a leaf of lettuce.
Another fun idea is organizing a potluck after class once a month. Keep it healthy & simple so no one feels overwhelmed. Keep it fun!
Ready to try a Fit 4 Two class? Contact your local Fit 4 Two Instructor for a pass to try a FREE class.